Skip to main content
Winter Wedding Inspiration
Posted 16 November 2017
We absolutely adore winter weddings and with many of the wedding design trends leaning towards metalics and sparkle they have been some of our favourites to design this year.
Here are some tips to remember when planning that all important day.
- In the UK it is dark at by 4pm during the winter months so carefully consider your timings. If outdoor photographs are important to you ensure you leave enough time between your ceremony and reception to get those all important shots before you lose the light
- Winter is a great time to really go all out on your lighting. Whatever your taste or style of wedding consider how your venue will be lit. The atmosphere of a room can be completely altered by your choice of lighting. Candles offer a soft warm glow while fairy lights and uplighters can be used to create a feeling of a winter wonderland when positioned correctly
- Want snow on your big day? Then have snow! High quality artificial snow cannons can be hired to transform your venue into a winter wonderland and falling snow makes for an amazing alternative to the usual confetti shot.
Winter gives so many fun options for food at your wedding why not try some of these ideas to keep your guests warm and in the party mood
- Hot chocolate and coffee station – great served with some warm chocolate brownies and gold dusted Macarons. Your guests will love it!
- Winter cocktails – dress your champagne glasses with a gold sugar rim to add a bit of sparkle or try offering hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick stirrer.
- Want something different? How about a S’mores station – really popular in America and oh so delicious.
We love creating dream weddings for our couples and you can find inspiration for your special day here https://www.instagram.com/yourplanningangel/